The Sharapova Screm

proudfoot 15:47 PM 02 Jul 11

Should the Sharapova Scream be banned. I feel it is gamesmanship, an attempt to put the opposing player off and it is so annoying to the audiance. No one objects to a loud exhale of breath at a difficult shot, but at every attempt to hit the ball is excessive. But for the screams I would have been neutral as to who won the ladies championship at Wimbledon, but I was rooting for Miss Kvitova and thankfully she won.

bremner 15:59 PM 02 Jul 11

I am with you and it can be no coincidence that three of the loudest screamers have the same coach, total gamesmanship.

I have watched the final with no sound as it is so off putting.

Belatucadrus 17:07 PM 02 Jul 11

Maybe Andy Murray needs to try the Jonny Weissmuller Tarzan yodel on every serve ? Couldn't be any worse than Victoria Azarenka who makes a noise like a horse whinnying

morddwyd 19:19 PM 02 Jul 11

I think they have really got to do something to moderate these noises.

It's becoming ridiculous, and is ruining the game as a spectacle, you just keep waiting for the next scream/wail/grunt or whatever.

natdoor 19:41 PM 02 Jul 11

I agree. But I also think that the number of ball bounces before a serve should be limited, possibly to a maximum of three.

HondaMan 19:58 PM 02 Jul 11

Didn't do her much good. Did it?

Joseph Kerr 00:50 AM 04 Jul 11

I dont know why people get their knickers in such a twist over it.

Quickbeam 10:10 AM 04 Jul 11

Maybe that's what causes the scream?

Joseph Kerr 12:02 PM 04 Jul 11

HA!

finerty 14:35 PM 04 Jul 11

its only a game

Crosstrainer2 15:23 PM 04 Jul 11

Hey all, scream or no scream she lost! I'm not a tennis fan, and the screaming sounds annoying, but it did her no good whatsoever!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites