Shadows not a shadow of themselves.

rdave13 00:56 02 Nov 13
Answered

Cracking video of Shadows performing, not so long ago, live. For the older forum members might be worth a look in HD and full screen.

Shadows.

mole1944 05:29 02 Nov 13

Brilliant love the shadows I can't play any instruments but i'm a mega fan of any guitar music electric or acoustic

Mr Mistoffelees 09:12 02 Nov 13

I have never been a Shadows fan. To me all their music sounds the same.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:54 02 Nov 13

Great.

spuds 11:38 02 Nov 13

I was probably in the era when the likes of The Shadows and perhaps Bert Weedon brought guitar music to the masses. Nearly all the young and not so young seemed to have a guitar of some sort,at that time, not that most all were able to master the guitar, but it was sure fun trying to do.

Aitchbee 11:53 02 Nov 13

Terrific stuff! PS. I watched for a while, a young busker, yesterday, in a quiet but busy corner in the centre of town, setting up his electric guitar and mobile 'amplifier' with a foot-controllers etc ... then he played some fantastic tunes ...he was terrific too.

onthelimit1 11:59 02 Nov 13

Went to see them at the New Theatre in Oxford around '63 - brilliant. Also on the show was P J Proby - [email protected]!

onthelimit1 12:00 02 Nov 13

P.S. Just LOVE the 'clang'of a Stratocaster.

chub_tor 12:43 02 Nov 13

They make it look easy and bring back good memories of my courtship days. My wife was/is a great fan and would love to see them playing live. Very easy listening and thanks for posting the link.

woodchip 13:50 02 Nov 13
Answer

Very Good not many today at his age could manage that Live. I used to Play and Teach guitar. Did most of the shadows ones pure magic, that original sound comes from Watkins copycat Eco chamber also like the bits of improvisation in-between as it can get a bit boring playing old Music over and over. this would be a grate party to attend for the oldies

rdave13 21:26 03 Nov 13

Think this was from the 2009 reunion tour of Cliff & Shadows ending in March 2010. The final one supposedly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…