Sex.com??

wolfie3000 16:27 29 Jun 07

Just had an E-Mail from i think from pcadvisor about
Kieren McCarthy's brand new book.

Is this a genuine E-mail from PCAdvisor???

And did anyone else receive this?

Reason i ask is for one thing the PCAdvisor logo is Yellow, whats up with that??

Mark5001 16:30 29 Jun 07

Just got it and came here to find out what it is. I have no clue if it is real or not.
click here

Bingalau 16:33 29 Jun 07

Just got the mail too. Mark5001. Yes Sex is real enough, but ..... (Sorry I felt the dreaded "Silver Mouse" hovering....)

wolfie3000 16:35 29 Jun 07

I hope this thread isnt deleted just cause of the dreaded S word,

But seriously is this a genuine E-Mail from PCAdvisor as it looks very dodgy to me.

RickyC :-) 16:53 29 Jun 07

Kieran McCarthy, the author of the book is a former News Editor on Techworld - one of our other sites where you'll find articles on networking technology, product reviews, how-to pieces and the latest news. click here to go through to the Techworld site for more information

regards

Richard
Cover Disc Editor

simonjary 16:57 29 Jun 07

This is a genuine PCA email, but it wasn't put past me to authorise, as it should have been. Apologies for any confusion this caused.

Simon Jary
Publisher, PC Advisor

wolfie3000 16:58 29 Jun 07

I guess seeing the word Sex in an E-Mail made me a bit cautious,

Thanks for clearing that up, but why the yellow logo?

wolfie3000 17:04 29 Jun 07

Just went to the site sex(dot)com,

Im surprised pca allowed this,

Lets put it this way i have no need for sexual enhancers and free videos.

I can see why this guy made a fortune now.

brundle 17:08 29 Jun 07

It was mentioned on the UK2 blog a while back;
click here

RickyC :-) 17:16 29 Jun 07

Wolfie3000,

Just to clarify - the story (and email) concerns the battle for ownership of that particular domain and an extremely profitable website.
I don't think for a moment that those responsible for sending the email were intending to encourage visits to the actual site in question.

regards
Richard
Cover Disc Editor

Forum Editor 17:25 29 Jun 07

and like simonjary I'm sorry for the confusion it's obviously caused.

Simon has clarified the position, and I suggest we talk about something else, such as how to build a rowing boat in twelve hours flat - it's raining like it's never rained before where I am now, and I swear I just saw an old guy leading some animals into a barge-like thing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Portable power and versatile design let down by expensive accessories and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best design TV series, films & documentaries

iPhone 7 Plus vs Sony Xperia XZ Premium comparison preview: Superb camera gives Sony the edge - on…