Severn Trent Water's 2nd fine

Dragon_Heart 17:38 03 Jun 08

This time I understand it's going to be about £70 million.

The problem is most or all of the directors / senior management that were in charge during these alleged 'discrepancies' have now left the company, probably with large 'Golden Handshakes'. It's they who should be fined etc.

Forum Editor 17:44 03 Jun 08

to the source of your information?

Dragon_Heart 18:21 03 Jun 08
  Forum Editor 18:33 03 Jun 08

You said "I understand it's going to be about £70 million", but I didn't spot any reference to that, and in fact the judge will not pass sentence until 1st July - how did you 'understand' about the £70 million?

The 'previous regime' (as it was called in court) hasn't been charged with anything, and neither have any individuals from the current management structure - it's the company that will be sentenced.

peter99co 18:37 03 Jun 08

Is it shareholders who lose out or customers?

I would hope a cut in dividends not an increase in bills

spuds 20:14 03 Jun 08

As a user of both Severn Trent Water and their customer services, I think that I managed to get a £2.00 refund on my last years bill, for the previous incident. Who knows perhaps the customer might even get a refund for this last reported incident :O(.

There's nothing like having a road flooded, right outside your home. And Severn Trent and the local council are arguing on whose responsibility it is to clear the floods. The same applies to asking an environmental question regarding rainwater disposal. Ask two separate customer service people and get two different delayed answers.Now thats efficiency for you.

laurie53 20:29 03 Jun 08

I think you're being a bit naive.

Severn Trent will simply increase their charges next year to recover your refund, and maintain their shareholders' dividend.

peter99co 20:36 03 Jun 08

So you mean the customers are to pay the fine?

And the Darling Group keep the booty? Or where does the money go?

spuds 20:57 03 Jun 08

Don't I already know that ;o)

But looking at my water bills compared to some other areas, I am not complaining to much (yet).

peter99co 21:03 03 Jun 08

A Guy on The One Show (BBC 19.00)said that the average was £350 I think.

Dragon_Heart 03:13 04 Jun 08

On teletext FE !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…