Serving or ex-military personnel

  Kevscar1 03:56 10 Mar 13

I have a hearing on Friday for a judicial review into the Police Medical Appeals Board's refusal to allow early release of my pension due to permant disability. What I need to know is if you were to become permantly disabled are you allowed to request early release of your servie pension and if the MOD reused is there an independant body you can appeal to and it's name.

  Forum Editor 16:02 15 Mar 13

"I have my judicial review at the High Court in June".

That's good news.

You would be well advised to be represented at the review, and depending on your personal circumstances you may be eligible for public funding - it's what used to be called Legal aid. It is now dealt with by the Legal Services Commission, and they need to be satisfied that your case has a good chance of success before they will grant Public Funding. You might want to talk to a solicitor who does this kind of work, because if you are going to be represented at the review you'll have to obtain what's called a 'Legal Representation Certificate'.

I suggest that if you need help with Public funding you contact Community Legal Services on 0845 608 1122. They'll be able to provide details of legal advisers in your area who can help.

  Kevscar1 07:42 16 Mar 13

Already tried to get help but was told I can't because my ESA is contribution based not income, this has also stopped me getting grants and other things.


This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nvidia Titan X release date, price and specs UK: Nvidia's new Titan X GP102 for 2016 launching on 2t…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This Superman ride is a real rollercoaster that you wear a VR headset on

Apple 12-inch MacBook review (2016): A question of port