Security warning

Belatucadrus 14:15 03 Aug 07
Answered

To many of the old soaks on this forum, this will be like teaching your grandma to suck eggs ( never did know if she could, way to late to find out now ). But to the newbies take note click here
It appears that e-mail attachments promising all forms of titillation and naughtiness but in fact loaded with unmentionable nasties are making a comeback.
So keep the AV up to date and never ever click on dubious attachments, even when apparently from a friend. You are most unlikely to like the results.

Probabilitydrive 14:48 03 Aug 07

Good shout,Belatucadrus. A timely reminder for the 'old soaks' and the young guns...and for grandma's to double check whether the egg is a hardboiled one...(:

SB23 15:28 03 Aug 07

I suppose it was just a matter of time before they resurfaced, although not a newbie, its always good to have a little reminder.
After all, the nasties are always just a click away.

Thanks

Steve

Spark6 19:45 03 Aug 07

Had one last week from Christopher, coincidentally my eldest son's name, but quickly realised his is always from Chris. Binned immediately.

Bingalau 20:49 03 Aug 07

I've had a plethora of mails from different banking organisations this last week. I don't have accounts with any of them.. Binned immediately.

Jak_1 21:36 03 Aug 07

Always a good idea to have the preview pane disabled too.

Jak_1 21:37 03 Aug 07
Answer

I've been getting them too, Bingalau.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…