Second hand ms licenses for sale

esbe 15:18 13 Nov 05

click here

click here

Whatever next! Is this a wind up?

cheers.

Chegs ® 15:37 13 Nov 05

No.its not a wind-up.I was amused by the comment from "Anonymous"

It has always been the case that you can sell MS software. I'm more shocked that the official MS resellers didn't know about this, they can't know their own business that well.

As for -

"Perhaps if there was an online portal, where you could bid for the licenses of insolvent businesses, it could create a new channel."

This channel already exists, and is already selling MS software. It's called eBay. I thought they would have heard of that too.

The real concern about buying second hand software though, is whether the licence is actually valid or still in use. This is where offical resellers could capitalise buy guaranteeing verified licences on guaranteed authentic software. Then again, I'm sure they know that too...?

smokingbeagle 19:00 13 Nov 05

Wonder how many of the corporate PCs will not have OEM licenses. At my workplace all the Certificates of Authenticity stuck to the PCs have the manufacturer's name on them ie NEC, Dell or HP and presumably indicate OEM licenses.

Are these transferrable?

If not, what's the fuss? There couldn't be enough insolvent businesses using retail software to make a market in second-hand licenses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…