Searching the forum+ old threads not being shown

Completealias 17:09 12 Aug 05

OK I have been searching through the forum but whenever I click on a thread that is past a couple of years old the thread does not display. All I get is a page listing the various forum areas come up.

So my question is this have these threads been deleted from the database? Which seems quite likely to me and if so why do they still show up on a search of the forums if you can no longer acesss that information.

I appricate that keeping this forum running in tip top condition must take time, effort and dedication and I find it a wonderful resource.

This is more of an observation really than a moan, just if something has been deleted from the database then why still have it show up on a search?

Forum Editor 18:01 12 Aug 05

but we have certainly restricted the age of the 'My postings' lists, and we've limited the retrievable threads to those younger than two years.

This has been done to help the site run faster.

Completealias 18:06 12 Aug 05

OK Cheers FE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…