Scrabble, Monopoly and a new shooting range game

Phil Ocifer 13:13 PM 15 Jan 13

We've already got a thread on here about the change for Monopoly tokens.

Now someone is looking at Scrabble tile values.

Whatever next?

How about changing the pictures in a pack of cards to be more relevent to todays society? We could have a goth, a punk, a chav and a crossdresser perhaps?

Or how about Cluedo with a sub-machine gun and tazer as the weapons?

Or how about the National Rifle Association releasing a new shooting range practice game in the USA?

interzone55 13:30 PM 15 Jan 13

Firstly - does it really matter?

Secondly - they do have a point, as language use changes, the frequency that certain letters are used changes, so tile values, and perhaps quantities, should change to reflect this.

Quickbeam 15:46 PM 15 Jan 13

Does Col Mustatd get shot in the study by the battleship for spelling a word wrong in his mitigation...?

Mr Mistoffelees 16:03 PM 15 Jan 13

No, Colonel Mustard gets killed by a roadside bomb while walking along the drive.

Quickbeam 16:41 PM 15 Jan 13

He should've worn his tin top hat.

Bing.alau 18:42 PM 15 Jan 13

I don't see how it matters, the game is sometimes won by luck although of course it pays to have good command of the English language. I play quite regularly with family members and we remember the value of tiles off by heart. Changing them would achieve nothing in our opinion. (I've just had a show of hands).

I am just wondering is the game played in other languages? I don't fancy taking anyone on in Mandarin or Russian.

Are the tiles of different values in German? If it is played in Germany that is.

csqwared 19:08 PM 15 Jan 13

Foreign scrabble

interzone55 19:16 PM 15 Jan 13

That link has answered something I've often wondered about, namely how many Z's in a Polish scrabble set - the answer is 5, and it's only worth 1 point

Bing.alau 21:05 PM 15 Jan 13

csqwared. Thanks for that link. I wish I had played the game years ago when I was in Germany. It looks as if it could be a good fun way to help learn the language.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know