Scrabble

hssutton 14:26 04 Jun 10

I decided that my aging brain needed a little challenge.

So when I saw Scrabble on CD for a £10 I thought, "that would be great brain exercise for me" especially as I keep on forgetting words.

However when my computer apponent comes up with words like "AA, Aioli,Hep,Furphies,ID,Ironier, Donga and Fepps, plus many more words that I've never heard off or not even in my two very large dictionaries I decided to stay partially brain dead.

Quickbeam 14:30 04 Jun 10

I've been happily brain dead for years, it takes no effort at all...

Is this part of the pointless post syndrome that's been escalating lately? It's getting hard to tell;)

Terry Brown 15:10 04 Jun 10

You should be able to modify the dictionary to add words you want or delete words (e.g) of 3 or less characters.

Somewhere on my system I have a list of an english dictionary , in TXT format; If this is of any use to you, contact me vis the yellow envelope and I will send it to you.
Terry

Þ² 15:12 04 Jun 10

change the rules?

Play scrabble on my phone and there's options on international rules and dictionaries.

sunnystaines 15:13 04 Jun 10

set it to english

Bingalau 15:30 04 Jun 10

I've been playing Scrabble lately too, I find it very good as a pastime and as I am playing face to face with my opponents, I have had many a good laugh too. We have friendly arguments about whether or not such and such a word exists. But I keep coming up with words such as printing measures and of course words from service life. When I explain what they mean after the laughter of derision dies down. I find the word on the computer and demand apologies all round. By the way I have never won a game in the last twelve months. I think all my partners cheat!

hssutton 17:33 04 Jun 10

Thanks I'll double check, hmmm make that a quadrouple check to see if I can add a different dictionary, maybe hidden away somewhere is an option to change it.

Bingalau
I'm 99% certain my computer cheats.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…