Scottish independence: Which famous Scots can't vote?

cream. 08:42 25 Jul 14

bbc news

I can not see why they should have any influence on the outcome of the referendum as they choose not to live in their country of birth and contribute to the local economy.

Mr Mistoffelees 10:13 25 Jul 14

I am not a Scot but, it seems entirely appropriate to me that if you choose not to live in Scotland, then you do not get to decide the country's future.

morddwyd 19:44 25 Jul 14

"I for one am not sure why."

Because this is not for five years, but for maybe 300, and these kids, and their grandchildren are more likely to be affected by it than anybody over the age of twenty.

Despite the demonisation of the young many of them have demonstrated that they have thought long and hard about this, and many of them still are.

As for ex-pats voting, I left my native Wales in 1953. Can any body seriously suggest that I should have a say in the future of those Welsh children about to start school in September?

Aitchbee 20:15 25 Jul 14

Oor Wullie will not have a genuine say-in-the-matter, 'cos the publishers of the Sunday Post are entrenched Tory backers....don't know [for certain] aboot the Broons' Family and especially the Twins, as they are generally 'easie-oazy as far as political issues are concerned.

Aitchbee 20:29 25 Jul 14

'easie-oazy' ~ relaxed

morddwyd 07:26 26 Jul 14

HB

How are the odds?

The pollsters and the politicians can say all they want, but the bookies are the real experts in predicting outcomes!

I doubt that they've changed much over the last twelve months or so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…