Scottish Conservatives

morddwyd 09:19 11 Nov 11

Just in case any of you down south are thinking is is all done and dusted now they have elected a new Tory leader in Scotland, it ain't so, as there are some sore losers!

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/News/Politics/article/18807/tories-in-turmoil-ahead-of-ruth-davidson-s-fmqs-debut.html

Can't see them getting many more seats at Westminster unless and until they all start pulling in the same direction.

Does she perhaps see herself as the new Thatcher?

"But if he (Cameron) needs a quiet tap on the shoulder, then I'm just the girl to do it."

johndrew 10:36 11 Nov 11

"But if he (Cameron) needs a quiet tap on the shoulder, then I'm just the girl to do it."

She also needs to realise that she operates more in a different Parliament to that 'down south'. I had more than enough of the last Scottish PM at Westminster and the one before who claimed to have Scottish links!!

Miké 11:15 11 Nov 11

Doesn't the Scotch Parliament (I call it the Scotch Parliament because of the large number of MSP's sponsored by distilleries) only exist to keep the Nationalists quite? obviously you wouldn't want them to have any real power, would you?

Ms Davidson seems just another good reason to reconsider the West Lothian Question.

And as for Mr Salmond would any sane nation trust a former RBS economist who enjoys Star Trek and Country and Western music?

Kevscar1 12:54 11 Nov 11

And as for Mr Salmond would any sane nation trust a former RBS economist who enjoys Star Trek and Country and Western music?

he's just goneup in my estimation.

Aitchbee 15:04 11 Nov 11

Salmond likes the horses too...top man.

morddwyd 19:10 11 Nov 11

"Are you suggesting that discussion between members of a party is wrong?"

I'm suggesting nothing.

I simply quoted a local report and gave my take on it.

Nothing more.

morddwyd 08:10 12 Nov 11

Yep!

zzzz999 09:58 12 Nov 11

Mike

Working on your logic we should refer to the Westminster Parliament as 'Den of Thieves'.

Miké 11:25 12 Nov 11

Rick'scafe

No argument there then.

Aitchbee 21:33 13 Nov 11

I would not discount the Tories in Scotland making a comeback. The Labour Party got trounced by the SNP's at the last election. If The Scottish Conservatives get their act together, (very difficult, I don't deny), Labour might get a fright.But The SNP, at the moment, are very much, the 'in fashion' government for the Scottish electorate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…