School computers (on Doctor Who)

WhiteTruckMan 20:39 29 Apr 06

Anyone catch this evenings doctor who? If so, was most amused by what appears to be an entire schools worth of PCs all plugged into one 13 amp socket. Cutbacks in comprehensive education? or perhaps they think they are somehow saving electricity :-)

WTM

justme 21:27 29 Apr 06

They were obviously using alien technology which requires less power than our primitive computers :-)

mco 09:38 30 Apr 06

..think it was tongue in cheek but great laugh!

DrScott 09:45 30 Apr 06

The all looked like Dell PCs to me... perhaps alien technology is the secret to their commercial success?

Also interested that the board exploded on removing the plug?! Surely it'd be the other way round?!

For once, it was the first episode of the new Doctor Who which I rather liked :o)

SG Atlantis® 10:00 30 Apr 06

They supply the US military in my favourite show too. You see them sitting there with nice shiny silver laptops and you can clearly see the Dell logo. They also product place their PDAs the Axim v51 on Weir's desk click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…