Scary stuff now available online.

spikeychris 08:11 02 Aug 06

The government for the first time on Tuesday began permanently publishing on the Internet the level of threat that intelligence experts believe Britain faces from terrorist attacks.

click here

Forum Editor 08:21 02 Aug 06

snuggle up on the sofa, and enjoy a good scare.

Then go out and carry on as normal. The world's a scary place, but I certainly don't intend to let it get to me via a government web site. Personally I don't see the point of the site, it will simply fuel paranoia, and there's more than enough of that around already.

rezeeg 08:30 02 Aug 06

Totally agree FE.

Sethhaniel 08:55 02 Aug 06

click here

Download yours today ;)

spuds 09:05 02 Aug 06

Just another bit of 'Americanization' being introduced to the British way of life. At the end of the day, you will only be informed of events that someone 'of authority' decides you should be informed about. So nothings going to change.Some people no doubt, will take this very seriously, others may adopt the very British spirit, of what will be, will be!.

And as for 'Accountability and Oversight'. Make of that what you will. I generally find that what it really means, is another committee or select band of people are going to be formed to oversee events, which the general public have no interest in whatsoever, or are barred from most of the proceedings. In a nutshell, the people responsible for this, will only accountable to themselves, on the pretense of freedom of information!.

beynac 09:08 02 Aug 06

For fans of Red Dwarf, this reminds me of Kryton's 'red alert bulb'. :)

martjc 09:48 02 Aug 06

... Have YOU downloaded that? Or do you know of anyone who has. I wouldn't risk it - could bugger up a perfectly working p.c.
Anyway, didn't you know? There are aliens all around us, all the time!

Al94 09:52 02 Aug 06

Pointless Government site, in today's world common sense would dictate that the threat will never deviate from the severe/critical status.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:25 02 Aug 06

Meh! x5

G

Sethhaniel 10:39 02 Aug 06

Had it on my PC for a while - starts beeping when Gandalf<|:-)> posts ;)

rdave13 10:52 02 Aug 06

Lol!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac