Saving programmes

cruiser2 12:59 18 Feb 10

Have a PC with Windows Vista Home Premium with the original disc. Can I down load other programmes which I have been installed on the PC in case of problems so that they can be re-loaded. What type of disc will I need?
Many thanks for any help provided.

jakimo 13:50 18 Feb 10

Try asking your question in the helproom

Labdweller 14:29 18 Feb 10

Most programs may add settings or files to some locations you might miss, so basically, it is not advisable to attempt to save an already installed program.

However, if you have the installer (this is the file you used to install the program initially) saving that would normally enable you to reinstall the program elsewhere.

ella33 14:36 18 Feb 10

Even if this is the wrong place to ask, may I put forward the advice given to me by a pc sales advisor, last week? I was asking about netbooks and how to install programmes which I have bought on CDrom and which are licensed for 3 computers. He said that the programme can be saved onto a usb memory stick and put on the netbook that way, as it has no CDRom drive. I think the same technology could be used for saving downloaded programmes. (I haven't done it yet, t was an enquiry about how to set up a netbook).

It also makes sense to me to purchase programmes as CD Rom, as they can be reinstalled. There are some good offers on amazon. However, that is too late for downloaded programmes!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…