Saudi Arabia

welshbenson 13:04 08 May 06

Anyone know of any good places to vist here?
Got 4 days R&R before moving up country and going tactical(thats wearing body armour & carrying sa80)all the time.

At least it's hot and no rain!

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:07 08 May 06

Iran?

G

amonra 13:44 08 May 06

Four days, that's just enough time to nip over to Wales and experience all the fun and vitality of the Welsh summer. That will set you up for a long spell on patrol.
PS. I had a bad dream last night, I dreamed it had stopped raining.

Diodorus Siculus 13:58 08 May 06

Saudi Tourist Sites
click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:20 08 May 06

Call me cynical but I would have been tempted to do a little research prior to getting to Saudi. I fervently pray that this is not the way the British Army usually work :-((

G

johndrew 14:25 08 May 06

Bahrain always used to be a favourite as it isn`t quite as `dry` as KSA!!

But if you are on a Dip. cleared trip you will be able to get your ` refreshment` from embassy sources - if you are permitted by your leader that is!

Failing that, and not knowing exactly where you are, I would suggest either the east or west coast beaches, the hills down around Khamis Mushayt or bacon sarnies in Jordan.

welshbenson 14:53 08 May 06

Cheers for that Diodorus Siculus. Gandalf, sadly we only got told on the plane that we were getting diverted. [Cant say any more due to operational security] for all i know you could be one of the bad guys;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…