Samsung Mobile Phone Tocco GTS-5230

Ex plorer 09:21 06 Oct 10

Hi all can anyone help with extending the ring tone on the Samsung Tocco GTS-5230.
It rings 4 double rings and I rarely get it out of my pocket before it stops.
I have tried different ring tones but it makes no difference.

birdface 10:46 06 Oct 10

Not sure how it is done manualy.
I used to get the same problem with callers being directed to my answer phone.
I phoned my provider up and told them that I did not want any more answer phone messages and they cancelled it for me.
Now my phone rings till I either answer it or the caller gets fed up and stops ringing.
i am sure there must be an easy way of adjusting it if you still want to keep your answer phone messages.
If you still have the booklet that you got with the phone it should tell you how to do it on that.

Woolwell 12:20 06 Oct 10

The length of the ring may be determined by how long before the call divert/answer phone kicks in See click here

birdface 12:38 06 Oct 10

Nice find 30 seconds should be plenty time to answer a phone call.

Ex plorer 13:27 06 Oct 10

Hi thanks to you both Woolwell I followed your link and adjusted it to 30seconds worked fine.
buteman while I was making the adjustment I had the opportunity to deactivate the answer phone so I did as its never been used and now rings none stop.
Family always text me if I dont answer.
Thanks again.

morddwyd 20:51 06 Oct 10

"Family always text me if I dont answer."

How do you let them know that you don't want to be disturbed/talk to anybody/be texted?

I have an answering machine on the landline but if my mobile is off, or not answered then you don't get through, and you either try again later or forget it altogether.

Ex plorer 09:58 07 Oct 10

Like you I have an answering machine on the land-line.
I missed most calls because of the short ring cycle and was sent a text.

I will be able to answer all calls in the future now that its on none stop ring.

How do you let them know that you don't want to be disturbed/talk to anybody/be texted.

Switch it off such as been in hospitals cinemas etc. text will still get through that can be read next its switch on.

morddwyd 20:59 07 Oct 10

Ah!

My texts are like my mobile itself - normally switched off and only switched on when needed!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…