Salmond announces his resignation...

Quickbeam 16:13 19 Sep 14

just now on News 24.

Quickbeam 16:15 19 Sep 14
  Flak999 16:22 19 Sep 14

He has done the honourable thing, I don't see how he could have continued as the whole raison d'etre of the SNP was independence. That is now decided, I would like to think if the roles had been reversed David Cameron would have done the same.

Somehow I doubt it!

Quickbeam 16:28 19 Sep 14

I think Ed Milliband will be the first casualty of the big three. He's already making excuses. And David Cameron is already saying the timetable is too tight...

They need to wake up and deliver before the general election, or Scotland will be a 100% SNP stronghold which would decimate Labour.

Quickbeam 16:29 19 Sep 14

...the Scottish Tory's got wiped out, the same can happen to Labour.

spuds 16:30 19 Sep 14

Whatever the case, this formidable person will go down in the history books for later reference for all.

He and perhaps his political party lost on this occasion, but I very much doubt if its the last we have heard.

A knighthood in the offering perhaps?.

Al94 17:31 19 Sep 14

It was the right thing to do - all he has achieved is dividing Scotland with his republican ideals.

Aitchbee 17:42 19 Sep 14

...slightly off subject, but I swear I spotted Nicola Sturgeon in my local baker's shop[Castlemilk] near the bustop I was standing at this morning [I've seen her before elsewhere many-a-time] ... her office/HQ's are a few miles away, so perhaps she was adopting a low-profile. I expect she will be the natural candidate to carry the SNP leadership baton ... a worthy choice.

Flak999 18:12 19 Sep 14

Aitchbee

" I swear I spotted Nicola Sturgeon in my local baker's shop"

Perhaps she was picking up the cake for wee ecks leaving party? ;-)

Pine Man 18:55 19 Sep 14

A lot of people I know from north of the border saw Salmond as an arrogant, obnoxious man and they have no doubt that if somebody else had been first minister then Scotland would probably now be independent!

Aitchbee 19:13 19 Sep 14

Pine Man - those people's heid's were full-o-mince!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…