Sainsbury's bargain

IClaudio 16:37 04 Jan 09

Hope this isn't inappropriate, but I've just got back from a late shopping session at Sainsbury's, and they have a 13.5 Tog King size Duvet on offer, slashed to half price at £10 (give or take a few p) - yesterday, I was looking at a 'Sensational Offer' in John Lewis of a King Size Duvet for 'Only' £108.

The Sainsbury's Duvet is now on the bed and looks great, hope to test it out in the not-too-distant future :)

peter99co 16:56 04 Jan 09

I have a 13.5 Tog King and found it is too warm even in a room at 13c.

recap 17:01 04 Jan 09

I'll keep to my sheets and blankets thanks. I get far too hot having a duvet on the bed.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:11 04 Jan 09

The JL ones will be feather filled rather than man made material fill. I have one of their goose feather filled ones and would not go back to a man made filling.

G

peter99co 17:16 04 Jan 09

My Goose Feather and Down Duvet was less than £40 and included two feather pillows.

IClaudio 17:19 04 Jan 09

Don't the feathers 'pool' and form into little 'blobs'? Sainsbury's also have Feather-filled pillows at £5 (I think) for two.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:27 04 Jan 09

no, it depends on how the quilt is stitched and there are various types of filling from various creatures. The Chinese goose ones tend to be cheaper and down filling is more expensive than feather.

G.

dagnammit 18:23 04 Jan 09

We have a feather quilt and it has always felt evenly distributed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…