Safety warning

Forum Editor 23:39 12 Jul 07

This is worth bearing in mind - particularly at this time of the year, when thunderstorms are likely.

click here

Stuartli 00:04 13 Jul 07

Better avoid listening to Thin Lizzy at such times then...:-)

Belatucadrus 00:13 13 Jul 07

There are clearly some people who think that as the MP3 player has several Gb of memory they can save wear and tear on the brain by turning it off.

"avoid listening to Thin Lizzy"

What a horrible thing to say, I'm shocked I tell you. The late lamented Phil and crew should be on the national health. Anybody suggesting they should be avoided needs sanctioning.

Stuartli 00:35 13 Jul 07

Sadly you missed the joke......:-)

Stuartli 00:37 13 Jul 07

Perhaps this will enlighten you:

click here

Stuartli 00:38 13 Jul 07

Perhaps you are suffering from Strauss?

WhiteTruckMan 01:17 13 Jul 07

Then you definitely do NOT want to click here

WTM

laurie53 08:50 13 Jul 07

To be honest if I was struck by lightning the least of my worries would be whether I was listening to an iPod, whatever that may be!

Laurie

crosstrainer 09:18 13 Jul 07

I am not scared of electricity, I work with it on a daily basis...However, this guy takes the biscuit, I have no desire to plug myself into the national grid, protected only by a thin metal membrane, which (if broken) would BBQ me in an instant.

Three phase (440v VERY high amps) is also a no no. It either throws you off (the lucky option) or pulls you in and fries you!

namtas 09:23 13 Jul 07

Not sure what the purpose of working live was in this clip - but all that as keeping him from frying was a lack of a track to earth - regarding the tracking that you see on this video , the arc out can extend up to 3 metres away from the point of energy to a lower potential equally it can jump this distance - this is what can happen when people venture to close to overhead power cable such as the power source of electrified rail tracks.

Input Overload 11:41 13 Jul 07

And if your'e an arial rigger as I used to do part time, best come down of the roof during a storm ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…