sad,pathetic people

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 22:10 24 Dec 04

why do people on the internet,create viruses,generate pop-ups,and install rubbish on your computer,just why do they do it?.even when it is christmas an i have had lots of ad-ware installed on my computer today.merry christmas.only 2 more hours :)

VoG II 22:34 24 Dec 04

They are saddos Ben. Just keep computing with all the guards up and you'll be OK. Or come here if you have a problem.

No doubt Santa has something interesting for you tomorrow so make sure you go to sleep. My method for doing this is start with a few G&Ts ... maybe not appropriate in your case!

joe95 23:19 24 Dec 04

My wife makes sure I have some G&Ts so I will fall asleep and not stay up to try and catch Rudolph eating his carrot.
All the Best

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 06:24 25 Dec 04

could you recommend any software?.i have used crap cleaner,ad-aware,and a few others,i used a pc accelorator which was on a pca cover disk,it sped my computer up by lots,but i still have the hacks,and spyware.joe95 - reindeers?.perhaps a G&T to many ;).merry christmas

VoG II 07:40 25 Dec 04

Spybot click here CWShredder click here CleanUp! click hereclick here

If you get really stuck HijackThis click here and post a log in the Helproom.

Merry Christmas.

end 07:53 25 Dec 04

might ask then, what sites are you visiting that get all this crap on your machine;
and what basic protection,both literal and metaphorical ; there are a lot of crazy, irrational, selfish folk out there , who will do anything to put a spanner in the works.and they do not care whose " works " it is, and their ethical standards are...well, not ethical:)

Dumble452 10:23 25 Dec 04

Is very good
click here
Happy Christmas

Stuartli 17:56 25 Dec 04

This will cheer you up!

click here

pj123 16:42 26 Dec 04

Very sad, pathetic people but they seem to have good programming skills. So why don't they use these skills to write better programmes than MS?

See this previous thread:

click here

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 18:59 26 Dec 04

thanks V much,i installed hijack this,un-installed IE6 and installed netscape,and my computer is going ultra fast,with recommended software installed,thanks all,sorry i didn't say thanks before,and you probly noticed i didn't say merry chrimbo,this was becouse some spy-ware was uploading loads of stuff,my upload speed is 288kbps and the bar was always at the top it is now at around 50kbps with msn,and a few pages.now i instaled hijack this,and followed it simple wizzards,and it did everything!.thanks V much,hope you had a fantastic christmas.ben

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…