Sad to say - but

wee eddie 21:47 17 May 07

there appear to be as many problems with the new Server as there were with the old.

It does not appear to have cured all our ills.

So - It's hands in pockets, Boys and Girls, for a new rug for FE.

'Cos he'll be pulling his hair out, in chunks, by now.

charmingman 22:01 17 May 07

Hi "W'E" ive not had any problems to be honest & the site gets at least 10 hits a day of me,can you inform us whats the problems you keep having please..??
thankx

Forum Editor 22:24 17 May 07

with the new Server as there were with the old."

Really - what problems are those?

There have been some teething issues with our new load balancer, and that's resulted in some 'server reset' errors, but they're easily overcome if you click the refresh button, and we're working to eliminate them altogether.

Please remember - this is probably one of the busiest sites you'll ever visit, apart from sites like Microsoft and the BBC which run on huge web servers costing more than a house. We experience very high traffic levels, and there are bedding-in complexities that take some sorting, I assure you. By and large the site is running faster than at any time in its history, and we'll keep tweaking as time goes on.

big bloke66 22:34 17 May 07

For what its worth iv`e had no problems whatsoever with this site.

Totally-braindead 22:41 17 May 07

I've been kicked off a couple of times earlier in the day but as the FE says you click refresh and the site is there.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:00 17 May 07

Well I'm with wee eddie on this one finding pages are often very slow to load, 15 seconds or more sometimes.

fine in the morning and not so bad now but afternoon and early evening is worse than when on the old server.

Spark6 23:29 17 May 07

at times are inaccessable but making another selection appears to cure the 'fault'.

On balance, no complaints.

wee eddie 08:10 18 May 07

FE intimated, in the run-up to change-over, that the new Server was hoped to be the cure of the Site's crashes and loading ills.

I was just saying that he must be somewhat worried that it hasn't and is probably scratching his head as to why.

jack 08:53 18 May 07

With the best will in the world any site will have its load limit.
As stated the Big Boys with loads money will have servers as big as Wembley Stadium
The rest will have peaks and troughs -you simply have to pick your time.
But its no big deal is it to come back in a little while/

laurie53 09:18 18 May 07

I've had a lot of server errors over the last couple of days, much more than when the new server was first loaded up

TheJam 18:19 18 May 07

this worked for me using firefox,blocked the bpcadvisor.co.uk cookie,deleted said cookie, cleared browser cache
now quicker/more stable

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now