Sad loss

karmgord 19:28 07 Apr 10

It's a tragic reminder of what a dangerous job being a fireman is and how brave our firemen are.

Flak999 19:47 07 Apr 10

I spent thirty years as a Fireman and it is a job in which long periods of monotonous routine are interspersed with short periods of frantic activity!

Fortunately with the advent of breathing apparatus for every man and much better procedures and protective clothing, these tragedies don't happen very often. But when they do it does bring home the fact that it is a job where the possibility of death is always lurking in the background.

My thoughts are with their families.

morddwyd 20:05 07 Apr 10

Out of all the images there have been from the Twin Towers the one that stays with me is the iconic one one of the fireman smiling as he made his way upstairs into danger against the flow of people coming down away from it.

RIP

polish 20:14 07 Apr 10

its is a sad loss just as with our servicemen and women in a society were famous people or wannabes are the role models somehow this needs to change

dukeboxhero 20:23 07 Apr 10

On march 28th this year marked the 50th anniversary to the Cheapside st Fire disaster Where 14 fire fighters and five salvage corps personnel lost their lives in an explosion when they tackled a blaze at a whisky warehouse in Glasgow, my friends father died in that blaze,we both went to the service in the Glasgow necropolis
were it brought home the dangers our firemen face in doing there jobs,very sad to read that another two firemen died today.

click here

karmgord 20:24 07 Apr 10

polish
can't agree more ,modern society has its values completely wrong.

click here

Apologies it's the Daily Mail,but I admire the women who work for minimum wage in care homes more.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…