That's the spirit, as they say, but not in this context!

TopCat® 28 Feb 13
Answered

Instead of draining away waste water at this distillery someone opened the wrong valve and thousands of litres of prime whisky was lost down the sewers. The sewer men said they could smell it but I'd dare hazard a guess that a few litres may have been salvaged by some of them!

Well, he who dares wins as it's said by some! TC.

wiz-king 01 Mar 13

I had enough trouble explaining to Customs some years ago one broken bottle of alcohol in the lab. I had to keep the top of the bottle to show them it was still sealed.

Aitchbee 01 Mar 13

... the resident sewer rats will be havin' a party ;o)

Quickbeam 01 Mar 13

And getting truly rat arsed...

Aitchbee 01 Mar 13

... precisely.

Chronos the 2nd 01 Mar 13

So this was not the opening of a new night club then? The Whiskey a Go GO.

Quickbeam 01 Mar 13

Don't we all just that the FE is in the background somewhere groaning.

caccy 01 Mar 13
Answer

If it had been Anisette or Rum I would have tears in my eyes, as it is.....

Bing.alau 01 Mar 13

Just think of all the tax the government has missed out on and laugh.

fourm member 01 Mar 13

No-one has mentioned the likely fine the company will end up paying.

Letting whisky leak is a dangerous thing to do.

Quickbeam 01 Mar 13

Plus the environmental pollution, it went somewhere even if they say it was contained in the sewage works, it certainly wasn't recycled.

I remember in the '70s, when I worked at a bakery that backed onto a canal along with three others that did too, the environmental people were trying to discover who dumped a dough mix into the canal. Apparently it had had a blue nylon brush chopped to bits in it (that would have fallen in by accident, which was quite a common cock up), and then dumped into the canal. However it was during the heatwave months of the '70s when the water was quite warm, so the dense dough after sinking to the bottom, fermented quite happily from a dense volume that would fill the back of an estate car, to the aerated volume of a truck which then rose up to the surface and floated down several miles of canal before sticking itself around the lock gates and several small pleasure craft moored up in that area!

They never did find out who was to blame. We've move on quite a bit from the old out of sight, out of mind days.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message