That's it then ---

wiz-king 09:12 25 Dec 08

Christmas is over for one member of our household - the Baby Burco click here - it is back in the garage having done its job of cooking the Christmas ham joint. May come out New Years day for the mulled wine for the local mock hunt but a posh stainless steel one normally does that job.

spuds 12:12 25 Dec 08

I blame Jamie Oliver for all this Christmas festivities food and drink compromises :O)

crosstrainer 13:22 25 Dec 08

Now that's a useful bit of kit.....I have just discovered that I don't have a large enough saucepan for my gammon joint at New Year....Can you still buy these?

Not that I wanted to go shopping but otherwise I will have to roast it :((

wiz-king 14:50 25 Dec 08

No - not that model but you can get newer ones, my one dates from the early 1950's. My one holds 7 gallons = 30lt. Look in your local paper's classified ads, most of them are used as hot water urns these days.

crosstrainer 15:30 25 Dec 08

Would you like to sell your own?

buyer collects?

crosstrainer 15:35 25 Dec 08

:))

Buyer will collect?

recap 17:39 25 Dec 08

We use something similar to click here for cooking our ham. But now wiz-kid your have given us something else to think about. May get one as a wedding present to my future wife, and see the shortest marriage on record lol

spuds 18:10 25 Dec 08

If you have an Asian community in your area, there is bound to be a shop that stocks large 'on the hob' cooking utensils. They are usually a fraction of the price of most advertised similar products, found on-line or in catalogues.

The same might apply to wholesale caterers outlets (more expensive) or auction houses that have regular repossession sales.

BT 08:12 27 Dec 08

They used to be popular in the heyday of Homebrew for boiling the Mash!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac