That's Entertainment!

morddwyd 10:03 29 Jan 10

Just watching Blair (almost) live!

wiz-king 10:08 29 Jan 10

I shall watch the edited high?lights later - my paint is drying!

morddwyd 10:21 29 Jan 10

Watching him fluster, and trying to patronise the enquiry, is not perhaps in the same class as Fawlty Towers, but still pretty amusing.

birdface 11:04 29 Jan 10

Unfortunately right or wrong someone must make the decisions.
Being Prime Minister at the time it could not have been an easy decision but someone has to make it.
I don't think anyone could have foreseen the problems that would occur later.

michaelw 12:12 29 Jan 10

...Unfortunately right or wrong someone must make the decisions.
Being Prime Minister at the time it could not have been an easy decision but someone has to make it.
I don't think anyone could have foreseen the problems that would occur later...

You are kidding, right?

Quickbeam 12:15 29 Jan 10

Don't forget that collectively, we voted him in, several times.

amonra 12:16 29 Jan 10

Well, it wasn't in the job description was it ??????

peter99co 12:39 29 Jan 10

France and Russia dropping out should have given him a clue that all was not going his direction.

Without them he should have held back.

He and Bush just carried on.

Right or Wrong? We will have to see how it goes.

PalaeoBill 12:41 29 Jan 10

What's this we business? I only voted for him once and I've beaten myself up enough about that.

birdface 13:09 29 Jan 10

You are kidding, right?.
Like everyone else except yourself we all thought that once Saddam was removed most of the problems would have been resolved within a shortish time.
But unfortunately it was not to be.

michaelw 13:50 29 Jan 10

...Like everyone else except yourself we all thought that once Saddam was removed most of the problems would have been resolved within a shortish time.
But unfortunately it was not to be...

What on earth makes you think everyone except me thought everything would be hunky-dory once the dictator was removed? You're obviously speaking for millions, are you?

What I was alluding to was you would have thought that a country as sophisticated as ours would have in place at the very least some contingency plans after the invasion.

In view of all our dealings with countries in the middle east over centuries, and knowing the complexities involved, with different tribes etc, one would assume our and the US governments would know what was going to happen and the resentment and problems following the aftermath.

As they obviously didn't the action can at best only be described as puerile with no afterthought at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5