Ryanair charges

DrScott 14:13 27 Feb 09

click here

Yet another reason not to fly with Ryanair.

I'm utterly fed up with their less than cheap fares coupled with extra charges, which you usually don't realise until you get round to paying.

dagbladet 14:32 27 Feb 09

Well without them, I doubt my kids would've seen as much of Europe as they have. I've not felt that they've ever ripped me off. It's fairly common knowledge now that there are, hold baggage and check in fees, taxes and so on.

Clapton is God 14:33 27 Feb 09

You could always take a plastic bag or an NHS bed pan with you

dagbladet 14:34 27 Feb 09

...or pee before you go?

newman35 14:38 27 Feb 09

I, also , have had quite a number of flights with them over the years and (as far as I remember) never needed their toilet - short-haul flights are never that lengthy.
Of course it may affect their 'bar' sales, when people realise it will cost a quid to empty out!!

As long as charges are clearly shown the punters can make their own minds up as to value.

DrScott 14:42 27 Feb 09

click here

To be honest, after two return flights with them, I had already decided I would not be travelling with them again. The tickets were not at all cheap and the conditions of travel did not justify their price.

It will be interesting to see how the airline manages over the next year or so (especially with the closure of check-in desks).

newman35 14:53 27 Feb 09

"The tickets were not at all cheap and the conditions of travel did not justify their price."

Millions of people who would not have travelled all over Europe would strongly disagree, I think.
Personally, I've been Glasgow-Paris for a few quid each time, and the service was always on-time. Legroom was equal (if not better) than BA.
What more do you want?

Picklefactory 14:55 27 Feb 09

I've used Ryanair many times, but they have steadily added so many charges to every possible avenue that I don't find them always that cheap. I always feel like they might shake me upside down for any loose change they might get.

I do still use them, when alternatives are not easily available, but I now keep them as a last resort only, and will happily pay a bit more to fly with someone else.
I recently priced up flights to Alicante, and after totting up all the charges, Ryanair were only £30 cheaper tham Monarch and BMIbaby. Personally I will happily pay the extra £30 to not fly with them.

I understand that times are hard and airlines, like the rest of, are struggling to survive in business, and they would be foolish if they did not try to be cost effective, but Ryanair always give me the impression that customer satisfaction is of absolutely no concern to them at all. I'm waiting for them to start charging for the stewardess to smile.

Clapton is God 14:57 27 Feb 09

"I'm waiting for them to start charging for the stewardess to smile"

Now, that's going too far.

Smile??

Fat chance

sunnystaines 14:59 27 Feb 09

i prefer comfort and avoid easyjet/ryanair etc where possible stick to schedule airline flights.
Virgin and BA for me where possible.

dagbladet 15:00 27 Feb 09

Ryan and Easy are schedule(d) airlines.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…