Russian-German Tank

Bingalau 11:41 10 Nov 06

Here is a link that will fascinate ex-military people. click here It is about the discovery of a wartime Russian Tank which had been captured by the Germans. ..Bingalau..

anchor 12:35 10 Nov 06

Bingalau; Most interesting; what remarkably good condition it is in, after so many years.

johndrew 13:54 10 Nov 06

`As far it has been known, after a small repair and service they were able to start it’s diesel engine.`

That is amazing after such a period of time!!!!! Says a lot for the engineering.

The Brigadier 14:28 10 Nov 06

Their are parts of Europe littered with old relics from both WWI & WWII. Some like this tank harmful, some not so like mustard bombs and other live Ordinance & Munitions lefy behind.

But a very interesting article none the less.

Bingalau 19:21 10 Nov 06

Brigadier .. I think you meant "some like this tank harmless" I can't see it causing much damage in a decent museum.
johndrew .. Yes I think I will visit that lake and pinch some of that peat for my skin problems. It could do with something to preserve it. ..Bingalau..

Flak999 21:21 10 Nov 06

What a fantastic story! I am a bit of a tank buff, and am interested in anything to do with WW2. The tank itself looks in remarkably good condition considering it has been at the bottom of a lake for the best part of 63 years!

Thanks for posting that link, a real treat!! :-)

WhiteTruckMan 23:16 10 Nov 06

Whoever drove it in there didnt stop to put the handbake on before bailing out :-)

WTM

Brumas 23:22 10 Nov 06

Fantastic article.Would like to see coverage of the subsequent refurbishment.

hijo 02:17 11 Nov 06

yep this is a bloody good post i must say,& its lovely to see that the tank has kept in such good condition,it must of been submerged in the silt of the lake to of kept so good..anyway damn good post mate...!!!!

egapup 10:05 11 Nov 06

Most interseting post i've seen for ages, the tank looked almost new and the tracks still moved after all those years.

Pidder 11:11 11 Nov 06

I expect most folks know about the American WW11 tank at Slapton Sands, Devon, recovered from the sea, also the story of the disastrous D-Day invasion rehearsal which cost many lives.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now