Rugby World Cup

Quickbeam 11:34 10 Sep 11
Answered

England do like to do things the hard way...

shellship 14:10 10 Sep 11

Absolutely right. Even the great Johnny W could not kick his goals. Just as well the opposition kickers were just as bad.

SimpleSimon1 17:52 10 Sep 11

Oh God, That was truly horrible to watch. I know they say a win's a win, but I reckon the Argentinians have a right to feel hard done-by. England need to buck up their ideas very quickly or they'll be on the way home, very soon.

Quickbeam 10:45 11 Sep 11

Wales are giving South Africa a bit of a fright just now. The Boers won't like that at all:)

Quickbeam 11:16 11 Sep 11

That was far better than England's opening game, must be something to do with the shirt numbers not coming off...

Crosstrainer2 11:32 11 Sep 11

I'm Welsh......Boy did we go close against the strongest team in or pool....Cymru Am Builth!! :))

Quickbeam 11:50 11 Sep 11

You should have won that, Wales deserved to have won it, but they do say that the winners are only counted at the finish.

Pineman100 17:05 11 Sep 11

England got the right result in the end, but they certainly didn't deserve it. I couldn't believe how many penalties they conceded through sheer laxity. All teams have been warned that the tournament refs won't allow any leeway on offsides, so they've been warned.

We can only hope that this was simply a touch of first match jitters, and that they'll settle down before the next match. But if Jonny can't get his kicking up to par, then Toby Flood is going to have to step in.

SimpleSimon1 17:40 11 Sep 11

But if Jonny can't get his kicking up to par, then Toby Flood is going to have to step in.

Although, it's a bit interesting that Rodriguez had so much trouble, as well. After all, he's not a bad kicker.

I wonder if the totally sealed nature of the new Otago stadium had anything to do with it (although, for the life of me, I can't think what)? Guess we'll see when a few more kickers try to knock the ball over.

Aitchbee 21:48 11 Sep 11

If I were a rugger fan, I would support Scotland,(obviously),and all of the teams that England have got to face...am I being too patriotic? Give me round balls,that behave themselves.How are the Scots doing anyway?

Quickbeam 00:43 12 Sep 11

Click here to find out HB...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…