Rough weather on the way

Graham* 23:26 PM 13 Dec 11

Keep watching the Storm Data

Aitchbee 19:21 PM 14 Dec 11

I've got a little mini temperature station which gives the outside temperature (via a remote battery operated sensor), and also the indoor temperature...both readings are displayed on a LCD display. I check the morning outdoor reading, and select suitable jacket/coat for conditions.It's 3.3 C outside at mo.

ams4127 20:25 PM 14 Dec 11

My head is already tucked between my legs in preparation for kissing a certain part of my anatomy goodbye!!

woodchip 21:59 PM 14 Dec 11

Snow for us on Friday

mole44 15:03 PM 15 Dec 11

I used to be a boy scout,i'm organised if the bad weather coms,freezer full and as i make my own bread that's sorted.

QuizMan 08:38 AM 16 Dec 11

First snow of the winter in NW Kent started about 45 minutes ago. It's not settling though except on the grass.

I am competing in a 5-mile cross country race tomorrow. Last year's event was cancelled for the first time in living memory because the snow was so bad.

onthelimit1 08:50 AM 16 Dec 11

Yesterday's forecast was for gale force winds and heavy snow for my part of Shropshire. Woke this morning to flat calm and almost cloudless sky!

onthelimit1 11:47 AM 16 Dec 11

fourm member

True, and they've been saying the same ever since the notorious 'great storm'!

Aitchbee 12:54 PM 16 Dec 11

It snowed in Glasgow this morning. The wild birds, at the back of my house are having a feeding frenzy. (bird feeding stations).

It's easy to track the footprints of wild animals and birds when there is a smattering of snow.

My plant pots (about 50) are back up on the wall. Last week when it was very windy, I put them on the ground.

The optimum plant pot 'knock-over' wind speed is about 30mph, and northerly and southerly winds seem to be the strongest.

My big plant pots are exposed to these strong wind directions.

Larger, rectangular plastic containers...for next year, is what's required.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…