Is Roland Waddilove a real reporter or just an Advertising Executive?

wee eddie 17:26 01 Jul 14

Roland's Article

I have just read this article, written by him, entitled "AMD or Intel: which is the best processor?"

The Article, which is about 10 paragraphs long, does mention AMD until the penultimate paragraph in which he says that AMD Processors are cheaper. That's it.

The rest of the Article compares the 3 different ranges of Intel Processors.

I suggest that the Article be removed or re-written by someone who understands the term "Compare and Contrast"

FE: you can then remove this Thread!

wee eddie 17:29 01 Jul 14

In the third sentence, please replace "does mention AMD" with "doesn't mention AMD"

Mr Mistoffelees 20:19 01 Jul 14

AMD is mentioned several times, in earlier paragraphs of the article but, I do agree the article content seems to have little in common with it's title.

B.L. Zeebub 20:33 01 Jul 14

Roland Waddilove certainly seems unaware of the latest generation of AMD FX processors. The FX-4300 which he implies is top of the range is a quad-core and AMD now have six core processors (comparable to a high-end core i5) and eight-core processors (comparable to a mid-range core i7).

carver 07:58 02 Jul 14

Well that article is so not bias, either buy a good Intel processor or go for the crap AMD processor.

Wouldn't it have been a starting point to actually compare processors on a £ for £ basis.

rwaddilove 13:03 17 Jul 14

I've answered this is in another thread, but basically I pointed out that the article was a brief overview of processor choices and lack of space meant I couldn't go into detail about specific CPUs. Intel dominates the market and some companies, such as Dell and Apple, don't even offer AMD as an option. The bias towards Intel in the article reflects the market and if I'd had 3000 words I could have explored the subject, both Intel and AMD, in more detail.

PS. I don't sell advertising. I buy, use and write about technology.

wee eddie 14:23 17 Jul 14

Well, at least you've stuck your head above the parapet.

If, as you say, you were short of space, then I would suggest that your choice of Headline/Title was misleading in the extreme "AMD or Intel: which processor is best?"

Now it maybe that Intel has cornered the market but that does not mean that all it's processors are "Best". It just means that its Sales Force are better prepared.

Even with 1000 words at your beck and call, it really should be possible to offer some sort comparison and your excuse does not really hold water as, although my Journalistic experience is limited to Music & Restaurant Crits in Time Out, even I can recognise padding when I see it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…