Rock music doesn't get better than this!

Mr Mistoffelees 11:37 AM 28 Nov 13
  Zak 12:04 PM 28 Nov 13

Ah!...........Brilliant.

Quickbeam 12:16 PM 28 Nov 13

I wonder what Robert Plant think of those passe macho bare chested posed images these days...?

wee eddie 12:34 PM 28 Nov 13

I am not going to disagree with you.

However, each generation produces a new batch of heroes and those that grow up with them will be biased in their favour.

There are some considerable bands around today and there will be more tomorrow

Aitchbee 12:53 PM 28 Nov 13

The image of drummer John Bonham in the 'field' photo, looks like a 'deliberate', spot-the-mistake, cut 'n' paste job.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:24 PM 28 Nov 13

Is there "still time to change the Rolls Royce"?

Almost a permanent fixture on the car CD :0)

Forum Editor 00:49 AM 30 Nov 13

"Rock music doesn't get better than this!"

That's a personal opinion, and I respect it. The track is a classic of its time, and of the genre, but the music business moves on, and there are some superb bands around today.

Bands like this one, for instance,this one and this one

Finally, an australian band who made a huge impression on me when I saw them on stage in Melbourne.

The big name bands of the 1970s were amazing, but I wouldn't say they can never be bettered,or at least equaled.

Quickbeam 01:40 AM 30 Nov 13

Most unlike the FE to list a host of counter You Tube links...

aquatarkus 09:22 AM 30 Nov 13

Ok I'm officially old.

Sorry FE but those that you linked to leave me absolutely cold, managed to listen / watch about a minute of each until gave up with them.

Sorry but they don't compare to Led Zep, Deep Purple etc.

Regards Aquatarkus

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:30 AM 30 Nov 13

Late sixties early seventies when heavy rock was invented is nostalgia for those of us old enough to remember, which of course adds to the enjoyment.

I was lucky enough to see Ledd Zepplin play at the Boat Club in early 71.

chub_tor 11:40 AM 30 Nov 13

FE - you didn't happen to see Silverchair at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl at King's Domain by any chance? Listening to music there is one of my cherished memories.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites