For Rock Fans...

Seth Haniel 11:47 08 Aug 08

click here

list of rock instrumentals, including live performances and drum solos, organized by artist name.

excellent site
;)

Covergirl 12:47 08 Aug 08

. . .. but it doesn't work on my highly restricted works PC so will try it when I get home.

If it lives up to description, I'll be on there for about a year !! :-)

Thanks

Seth Haniel 12:51 08 Aug 08

Afraid there's not enough hours in the day ;)

Si_L 18:20 08 Aug 08

My favourite on that list is Joe Satriani - Flying In a Blue Dream. In fact, I'm going to listen to it now :)

One guitarist I've got into recently who won't be on the list as his instrumental work isn't rock is a guy called Andy McKee. He's a talented guy, as you will see if you click here

Seth Haniel 20:14 08 Aug 08

Lot of untapped talent out there - Joe Banamassa my latest discovery (eventhough he's been around for years)

Si_L 21:08 08 Aug 08

Joe Banamassa has an awesome arsenal of guitars! Not a bad guitarist either :)

Had a listen to Sloe Gin, I was impressed. Which of his is your favourite Seth?

jellyhead 22:18 08 Aug 08

Have to agree Joe Bonamassa is very good, have his album You and Me and coming to the UK in November click here

al's left peg 22:32 08 Aug 08

I mentioned Joe Bonamassa in the famous "favourite guitar riff" thread which was started by Danzig a while back.

Bonamassa is a fantastic artist and I only heard him by chance on radio 2 I think earlier this year. I think he has similarities in his style to Eric Clapton and Gary Moore. Great blues player who deserves more recognition than what he is getting at the moment in my opinion.

Si_L 23:07 08 Aug 08

Eric Clapton is another guy I've just got into. I'm not even in my 20's yet so I wasn't really around when he was big, but I learned a cracking song of his on the guitar called Tears in Heaven. I'll put it on YouTube when I can do it justice.

I'm gonna check out Gary Moore, don't think I've come across much of his music.

Seth Haniel 23:07 08 Aug 08

havn't had time to decide yet - just got everything he's done and only had a play through of each once so far - -some great tracks be hard to pick one ;)

Forum Editor 08:40 09 Aug 08

I first started listening to Joe Bonamassa when he released his first album, about seven or eight years ago. It was called "A New Day Yesterday", and the track which really stood out was "Miss You / Hate You". If you go to one of Joe's performances you'll undoubtedly hear it, he plays it almost every time.

Joe's style is very similar to Stevie Ray Vaughan, or Johhny Lang, and if you want to play like Joe you'll need one of these click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple