Rock and the accoustic guitar

Quickbeam 21:19 PM 02 Sep 11

on BBC4 now. Worth a look in.

Aitchbee 21:23 PM 02 Sep 11

will check it out.My fingerpicking needs a bit of a brush up.

Aitchbee 21:33 PM 02 Sep 11

tangerine and that's the way by led zeppelin - I can do 'em.

Aitchbee 21:38 PM 02 Sep 11

Thanks - QB

Quickbeam 21:41 PM 02 Sep 11

The Keef Richards explanation of No Satisfaction's origin was amusing:)

Aitchbee 22:05 PM 02 Sep 11

I remember the bbc publication 'Hold Down A Chord' by John Pearse.That got me going. Donovan was pretty good also.

Forum Editor 00:35 AM 03 Sep 11

An interesting programme, and I agree that Keef's story was amusing - much like a lot of his life really.

I met Keith (and the rest of the band) many years ago at a gig, and I have to say that he was much the same then - he appears to have found the whole process of becoming part of a rock legend, and very rich, one long laugh. I'm sure that attitude has helped to keep him going when others might have called it a day long ago.

I got hooked into the Dolly Parton concert later - there's a real professional if ever there was one. Nobody works an audience like Dolly can.

morddwyd 07:02 AM 03 Sep 11

And nobody runs a business quite like her either!

My favourite quote "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap"!

Priceless.

Quickbeam 07:10 AM 03 Sep 11

I watched the rest of BBC4's evening too. Dolly has a very big voice... it's in keeping with the rest of her attributes!

Aitchbee 17:56 PM 03 Sep 11

Did you know - John Paul Jones (the quiet one) played most of the accoustic 6/12 string guitars/mandolins on the Led Zeppelin albums?... and not Jimmy Page.

Aitchbee 20:36 PM 12 Sep 11

Dolly - the cloned sheep was named after Dolly Parton as the start-up cells were taken from the mamallarian glands.It was on University Challenge tonight..I like to keep abreast of today's useful trivial information.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…