Robert Kubica

Strawballs 18:00 06 Feb 11

Very bad news about this young and promising F1 driver I hope he does recover enough to get back behind an F1 wheel click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:13 06 Feb 11

I'm sure he'll recover OK but a bad time to break something with only a few weeks to go before the start of the next season.

OTT_B 21:32 06 Feb 11

I'm not sure 'young' is the word 'd use for Kubica (in F1 terms anyway), but the car certainly looks a mess...but then that could be a good thing for him. If the car is mangled then that's a whole lot of energy that was absorbed.

Searching around, there are some rumours of an arm amputation, although they're being quashed fairly quickly.
He's good to watch in an F1 car - good, clean racing, which is all too rare these days.
I hope he makes a good recovery.

Strawballs 22:17 06 Feb 11

His problem is he already has titanium bolts in the arm that he just broke from another car accident when he was younger that is why they are saying he may never return in F1

Chris the Ancient 09:25 07 Feb 11

According to the news this morning, things look even worse for Kubica.

It took seven hours surgery to put his hand back together and it may well be a year before it is fully functional again.

Pity, 'the quiet guy' is a competent racer.

Noldi 11:27 07 Feb 11

I wish him well, a true nice guy not a super star in any way. I cant see him returning to A F1 car for a while.

I thought this was going to be his year , He was fastest at last weeks test with the new car. When you see what he walked away from in Canada in 2007 his luck has just run out.

Noldi

Strawballs 23:07 07 Feb 11

I just wish him all the best.

AL47 18:50 08 Feb 11

sad news indeed, im not optimistic about the recovery f1 racing wise,

i was really looking to see what reanult-lotus had this year [have supported them since they took over benetton, just hope hulkenburg gets the seat as petrov and grojean and maybe senna means probably behind FI in the points this year

but the main thing is kubicas recovery

Strawballs 19:54 08 Feb 11

click here latest update.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now