Road Pricing..u drive a car this effects u

hijo 11:33 20 Dec 06

ONE OF MY MATES HAS JUST SENT ME THIS VIA EMAIL IS THIS TRUE...???

Freedom? Personal Liberty?

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it.
The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC,the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver.
A non working Mum who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month.On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be Tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit you can expect an NIP with your monthly bill.

The Brigadier 11:45 20 Dec 06

So you know who not to vote for next time then!

Z1100 12:15 20 Dec 06

So I will run my colours up the mast again.

DO IT!

That's what I say. We need to stop doing the things we do that pollute this planet and it must start with the individual. This is one thing that each individual will be affected by and I believe it will make many people think twice before 'popping to the shop' in the car.

As for the Tracking and Speed monitoring, if that is true, fine by me. I don't break the law so I will not be affected.

We (the UK) are already the most monitored country in the world (Street Cameras) and I do not see or hear any one group shouting about that anymore. And because of those cameras we (the people) identified the Underground Bombers and I am sure they will be more useful in the future.

Hanx!
K.

rmcqua 12:26 20 Dec 06

Sounds like yet another good reason for not taking the kids to school by car!

MichelleC 12:33 20 Dec 06

I've done without a car for a year now. Too many cars and plonkers on the road. I only miss it at certain times. I use public transport, cycle and walk. I'm much healthier for it and it's one less poluting machine.

Newuser2 12:54 20 Dec 06

Save the planet BAN THE SCHOOL RUN. I say.
The way they drive with the brats on board is scary.

skeletal 13:10 20 Dec 06

Z1100 said: “I don't break the law so I will not be affected.”

Are you saying that with your tongue firmly planted in your cheek, or do you really believe it??

Skeletal

Kate B 13:35 20 Dec 06

Road pricing is an excellent tax. It's progressive and with a bit of luck will encourage people to think twice about taking their Chelsea tractor out. But we did this last week, as Z1100 points out.

Z1100 13:47 20 Dec 06

Evere since a child ran out from behind a bus and I hit him (in '84, on a Motorbike) I took a spill and he got a good smack on his skull that only split his (skin) head.

From that day I belive that I have not broken any speed limits in fact passengers complain and I complain as a passenger when others see fit to do 40+ in a 30 zone.

Hanx!
K.

Weskit 14:40 20 Dec 06

I wonder where all these folks who blandly talk about public transport live? Out in the sticks one has no option but one's own vehicle. Back to the horse and buggy days?

Z1100 18:15 20 Dec 06

Surely that is another 'life choice' and those who make it and find that their cost of living rises after any number of years for any reason, can make the same choice as anyone else to move closer to town.

I am not saying that is a good choice but with respect to the pollution alone caused by cars both during manufacture and lifetime use it is prudent for any government (and individual) to act now.

We (our family) have already given up 1 car by choice. I know it's not a lot but it does mean we use more shoe leather and less pollutants.

Hanx!
K.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…