Ridley Scott Vs Cecil B DeMille!

Quickbeam 09:03 AM 17 Jun 12

Can he really take on a Cecil B DeMille epic on and remake Moses successfully in this Godless age where the kids don't know who the hell Moses was? ...and make money?

He probably will I think. Just so long as Brian Glover isn't miscast again as Moses, the Barnsley lad that delivered the Israelites to the land of milk and honey and a God gifted rich coal seam tha' knows...

SimpleSimon1 10:30 AM 17 Jun 12

And just so long as Damon Lindelof isn't hired to write the script

Forum Editor 10:30 AM 17 Jun 12

Ridley Scott is one of my heroes - he knows how to make a film look good, and he's an excellent storyteller. Films don't have to be works of huge importance to be entertaining, and Scott believes that a trip to the cinema should primarily be an entertainment.

A film about Moses would certainly allow him to give full rein to his penchant for spectacular special effects.

daz60 11:47 AM 17 Jun 12

But who would replace Charlton "GOD" Heston.?? Would he use CGI like he did with Arnie "I'll be back" Schwarzenegger in Terminator Salvation.

Forum Editor 11:50 AM 17 Jun 12

Some unknown actor, no doubt.

I'm available.

daz60 11:57 AM 17 Jun 12

Yes FE, i can just imagine you with your Toshiba in one hand and your ipad in the other in place of the stone parchments.

Quickbeam 12:00 PM 17 Jun 12

Hmmmm, an ipad virtual burning bush scene... NAh!

lotvic 12:03 PM 17 Jun 12

FE maybe you could be in Pavvi's film if you're available.

Quickbeam 12:40 PM 17 Jun 12

Only Fools and Horses Uncle Albert has the right appearance, but as soon as he spoke it would be seen as even more of a mis-casting disaster than Brian Blessed was in Alien 3.

David Kossoff had the right natural style for the part, and he was the right religion too.

Kenneth Branagh could do it well, he did a good Henry V.

And Homer Simpson would make an interesting choice.

Aitchbee 17:06 PM 17 Jun 12

...what are odds for a score draw, 1 - 1 ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11