This Is Ridiculous

crosstrainer 15:39 21 Sep 07

Have you ever come across a more useless item than this? click here

It was supplied with a friend's MP3 player....I cried with laughter :)

Pine Man 15:45 21 Sep 07

Not as daft as you might think.

I acquired a USB memory stick that, because of the thickness of it's casing and, because of the design of the front of my pc case, it couldn't fully plug into the socket.

The cable might have been a suitable alternative to a sharp stanley knife and a lot of plastic shavings!

bremner 15:46 21 Sep 07

I have seen these many times.

They tend to be supplied when the physical size of the USB device is such that it would be difficult if not impossible for two slots side by side to have devices fitted in. Quite sensible and very useful therefore

techie4me 15:46 21 Sep 07

All it has to do is the job to connect via the USB lead.
How long do you want it to have been.
It does the job so dont complain.
I've seen leads shorter than that!

dagbladet 15:49 21 Sep 07

Same here. Daughter's MP3 is too fat to fit in the laptop USB. The lead is just the job.

crosstrainer 15:52 21 Sep 07

In order to use it, you have to "hang" the MP3 player from the usb port. I have given him a sensible cable to use with the device.

Si_L 17:22 21 Sep 07

My USB slots are right at the bottom of my PC, so it would be ok for me.

Pine Man 17:29 21 Sep 07

I make that five nil so far ;-)

Forum Editor 18:31 21 Sep 07

when one of these came with my MP3 player - it was exactly what I needed, which is presumably why the company (Creative), who know more than a thing or two about the audio business, put it there.

It's an excellent idea.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:37 21 Sep 07

I use a similar one for memory sticks in places that are full of other USB ports or where the ports are hard to get at...very useful. I think a pattern is emerging.

G

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:58 21 Sep 07

Reaching around to the rear of a desktop PC is a bind.

I hve some permently cnnected devices in the rear ports and the spare rear ports have extension leads plugged in to make access much easier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…