Richard Hammond's Program

Chas49 22:32 16 Mar 10

I watched this, absolutely fascinated by both the presentation and content. A truly marvellous production and, if you didn't see it and are able to use BBC Iplayer then give it a go - you won't regret it.

Me, a Victor Meldrew sound alike, praising a TV Program - whatever next. It is that good!!

Chas49 22:34 16 Mar 10

It concerns the use of very high speed photography to reveal what would otherwise be invisible to us.

Link - click here

peter99co 22:51 16 Mar 10

you beat me to it!

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:09 16 Mar 10

His mannerisms, vocal inflections and style were a direct copy of Clarkson even down to the pregnant pauses and I did get the feeling that he was talking to a bunch of 14 year olds.

G

sunnystaines 23:13 16 Mar 10

meant to watch it and missed hit, due to cluster headache thanks for reminder will view iplayer.

Chas49 23:37 16 Mar 10

Come on Gandalf, the presenter is, like everyone one else, liked by some, hated by others. This does n ot detract from the sheer excellance of the subject. What I'd like to see is more recognition of the cameramen's art - they are the men who put a producers ideas into reality. The true heroes of TV?

bri-an 05:39 17 Mar 10

"I did get the feeling that he was talking to a bunch of 14 year olds"

So he did actually hit the right level to make it understandable for you, then?

Enjoyable, particularly the bee flight photography.

morddwyd 07:36 17 Mar 10

For once, have to agree with GANDALF <|:-)>. Can't stand his style.

I take Chas49's point, but simply cannot get past the presentation.

Yes, I could turn the sound off, but the BBC's obsession with talking heads means he is still always in your face.

Couldn't watch "The Battle for North America" for the same reason.

DANZIG 08:44 17 Mar 10

Good programme. Isn't his presenting something to do with the fact he used to work in local radio? Just like Clarkson, and many others.

I always think he sounds a lot like Paul McKenna, who also used to work in local radio I believe.

Chas49 10:44 17 Mar 10

morddwyd:

I can sympathise with you - with me it's the pathetic commercials which get me, invariably the mute button is hit until a particularly childesh commercial is over. Now they make my blood boil!! Sometimes I think they were produced by 6 year olds! Grrrr!"! Not all commercials though - some are so entertaining that you don't remember what they are pushing 8-)) - remember the Anchor advert (Dancing Jersey Cows)

As the BBC do really good nature films its a pity that the person doing the dialog is turning you away from, what is for me, the best part of TV. As I am watching these I cannot help but admire the work done by the cameramen, sometimes in conditions where many people wouldn't dream of venturing out of doors - as I said originally = the unsung heroes of TV.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5