Richard Briers has died

Al94 13:33 PM 18 Feb 13
  Quickbeam 15:39 PM 18 Feb 13

But for all that, he was best remembered for his naration in Roobarb and Custard.

Aitchbee 18:07 PM 18 Feb 13

The sponsored ad "Find Richard Briers Dead" below this thread, is somewhat distasteful.

RIP Richard.

woodchip 18:17 PM 18 Feb 13

I liked to watch the Good Life, it sounds like it was Emphysema through smoking all is life that killed him

Forum Editor 18:29 PM 18 Feb 13

Aitchbee

"The sponsored ad "Find Richard Briers Dead" below this thread, is somewhat distasteful."

I don't know which ad you saw, but it will have linked to this news story - what's distasteful about that?

Al94 18:37 PM 18 Feb 13

This is what's distasteful

Richard Briers Dead? Search 25,000+ Shops on SupaPrice™: Find Richard Briers Dead Now! richard-briers-dead.supaprice.co.uk/

link takes you here

Forum Editor 18:53 PM 18 Feb 13

Al94

Thank you. I haven't seen the ad, but you and Aitchbee are right - it's in bad taste. I'll get it stopped asap.

Matt Egan 19:25 PM 18 Feb 13

Those ads

Are contextual Google ads, over which we have no control. All we can do is ask that Google excludes the advertisers - in this case Ask.com and supaprice - from advertising on our site. We will of course do that, but they might not disappear for a day or so.

Why such services would want to advertise in such a tasteless way is beyond me. It's pathetic.

Quickbeam 20:19 PM 18 Feb 13

The speed at which this complaint has been dealt with with is a credit to the memory of Briars' Martin character.

Matt Egan 08:56 AM 19 Feb 13

Ha! I was always on the side of the Peter Egan character, for obvious reasons.

Richard Briers was Terry-Thomas' cousin, you know. And one of the few people to remain a constant friend and support throughout his cousin's late-life illness and poverty. It doesn't change the fact that he was a fine serious and straight actor, but it is nice to know that he was a good egg, too.

A national treasure, cherished and missed.

morddwyd 09:15 AM 19 Feb 13

I always thought his best popular role was the one for which he is probably least remembered, George Starling in "The Marriage Lines.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone