The review of Tomb Raider: Legend on this site

Cybermaxx 12:40 04 Jun 06

It makes absolutely no mention of the Next Generation Content option. You need a damned good PC (esp. the graphics card) to enable this option. If you don't, the game looks far less gorgeous, almost like a three year old release. No mention of it........ Sloppy!

gudgulf 13:03 04 Jun 06

I can't agree that the game looks poor in Shader model 2.0 mode.

In fact certaqin areas are better played without "next gen" switched on.Fortunately it is easy to switch between modes in-game.

click here

This highlights the differences nicely.

I agree though the "next gen" content should have been mentioned in the review.It is an important feature not to mention performance killer........but then again I wouldn't class PC Advisor as a serious source of game reviews.It's not a gaming magazine and its game reviews are only basic overviews at best.

Totally-braindead 13:28 04 Jun 06

I don't have a PC capable of the next gen graphics but I thought the graphics even so were fantastic, especially the water effects.
I did notice they made no mention of the next gen effects and would really like to see them side by side with the standard graphics.
Thanks for the link gudgulf, nice to see them side by side but would love to see it playing. Perhaps next year I can get a new graphic card and see myself if its worth it.

Cybermaxx 15:52 04 Jun 06

Not much point in reviewing anything if you aren't going to do it properly.

semag 16:23 04 Jun 06

The games graphics were great in either mode but i thought it was a bit short and the puzzles a bit to easy.

wolfie3000 23:09 04 Jun 06

I agree the next generation option should have been mentioned But i think Robin Morris
Was spot on with his review and i think that the review missed out on certain things due to space.

There are alot of other websites that reviewed this game and most have conflicting views but i say well done Robin Morris on a short but spot on review of the game.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…