A review of IP by the Government

DieSse 00:52 18 Dec 05

The UK goverment has announced a review of current Intellectual Property legislation.

If you wish to make your views known the official web site is here. click here

You can be sure that the media industry lobbyists will be out in force - if as a consumer you want to make your views known - get stuck in - it's in all our interests to do so.

Make sure they know about the recent Sony debacle.

Interesting comments
click here

click here

Carbonara 01:06 18 Dec 05

I doubt if this will find much resonance here, if it does it may well be deleted.

DieSse 01:37 18 Dec 05

Why?

Forum Editor 11:56 18 Dec 05

Yes, why? To both your points.

DieSse 14:57 19 Dec 05

1st bump

PurplePenny 15:13 19 Dec 05

I found this quite amusing: "whether provisions for ‘fair use’ by citizens are reasonable". Find me a citizen that even understands what 'fair use' is (present company excepted).

Interesting that they have used the US terminology 'fair use' rather than the UK terminology 'fair dealing'.

DieSse 16:17 19 Dec 05

I hope you email them with your views then.

DieSse 11:34 27 Dec 05

Last bump

Forum Editor 11:49 27 Dec 05

I agree completely, and like you, I find the 'fair use' inclusion interesting. There's a fine distinction, in my opinion.

'Fair dealing' although not in itself a defining phrase is something that is easier to interpret - most of us have an innate sense of what constitutes fair dealing. 'Fair use, on the other hand is open to wider interpretation - what you or I consider a fair use might be an infringment in the eyes of a copyright holder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…