the return of pop ups

sunny staines 16:31 19 Jun 05

Has anyone else noticed recently that annoying pop ups have returned to web sites,google and 1e6 pop up blockers seem to have lost their effect.

Have the advertisers beat the pop up blockers.

got the usual antispyware loaded [spybot,adaware,a2,ms antispy & spyware blaster]

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:14 19 Jun 05

Just use Avant browser click here and you will be free of pop-ups. There is really nothing else to add as it has been discussed to death. There are very simple solutions but some choose to ignore them. It is far more annoying to pay subscriptions as some sites require.

G

Pooke 18:58 19 Jun 05

Using FF and I ain't noticed a thing. As G says it's been discussed to death and I agree with him.

smokingbeagle 19:07 19 Jun 05

No popups here. Not even the one posters on this forum were complaining about last week.

bremner 19:58 19 Jun 05

I use IE6, Firefox and Opera browsers.

I have the Google toolbar pop up stopper and IE6 stopper.

I do not get pop ups.

Nellie2 20:28 19 Jun 05

I use slimbrowser mainly, with a built in pop up stopper and never have any problems. I would recommend the Google toolbar for its pop up stopper to anyone.

Andybear 20:30 19 Jun 05

I use IE6 and Google toolbar pop up stopper - no pop ups for me.

p;3 21:24 19 Jun 05

I have Guard IE (the more modern version is GuardWall); mine does what it says on the tin and I can allow or disallow at the touch of the mouse:)

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:26 19 Jun 05

I think that this subject, with a bit of personal input, is now closed.

G

dan11 23:31 19 Jun 05

" Have the advertisers beat the pop up blockers. "

No

All it requires is the input of the operator.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:28 20 Jun 05

Correct...but it does help if members occasionally click on adverts and pop-ups.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…