request for new forum option pleae

sunnystaines 10:05 20 Jan 12

special request here please. An option i have seen on many forums.

when you log in as well as seeing headings for each forum have an extra heading called "new posts" this wold throw up new and updated posts since you last visit.

has anyone else seen and like this option.

this forum uses it

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/category-view.asp

johndrew 10:19 20 Jan 12

Several forums I go to have this, especially those with a large membership or heavy posting numbers. It certainly helps pick up topics of interest. The only concern I have is that if such a change was made here after the last 'update' would we go through weeks of upheaval again.

Quickbeam 11:03 20 Jan 12

I think that maybe the alteration budget has been spent for the next year or so.

Covergirl 12:32 20 Jan 12

@sunnystaines - ha ha you'll be very lucky. They're still reeling after the last raft of (Ahem!) "improvements"

If it was me, the web development team would have had their contracts terminated for incompetence about 8 months ago.

sunnystaines 12:40 20 Jan 12

covergirl

pca site has always been problematic, i wonder if they might be better getting a 3rd party company to fix it rather that mess around in house, they could offer free adverts to cover the cost

bob. 14:28 20 Jan 12

"If it was me, the web development team would have had their contracts terminated for incompetence about 8 months ago."

"pca site has always been problematic, i wonder if they might be better getting a 3rd party company to fix it rather that mess around in house"

What a great advertisement for a technology website. This will do wonders for the back room staff and advertisers.

interzone55 15:03 20 Jan 12

Maybe I'm not a hyper-demanding perfectionist, but I can't find any problems with this site.

It's worth every penny it costs me to use it...

ams4127 17:18 20 Jan 12

While I think it is a good idea, I'm inclined to the view of "leave well enough alone".

Teaboy 17:19 20 Jan 12

I ditto Alan14 remarks. Is it possible covergirl any problems you may have had is due to a pathetic PC, and not this site? Ditto bob.

Woolwell 17:24 20 Jan 12

Teaboy - there have been problems with site slowness form time to time. This has nothing to do with a person's pc as everyone (apart from you?) has experienced it.

After initial teething problems (suspect due to inadequate beta testing) I have got used to the site and do not want any more changes for the time being. Leave well alone.

I think that it is not produced in house.

Quickbeam 18:01 20 Jan 12

No props from me after the initial bugs were swatted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…