Remember Rick Wakeman?- Yes, you do

anskyber 19:36 06 Jul 07

For those who love rock with a classic flavour. click here Who are your rock artists with that flair? He is one of mine.

Saturday pm on Classic FM Rick is hosting a new programme, When Classic meets Rock. No, I have nothing to do with CFM.

Kate B 19:38 06 Jul 07

*is too young for this thread*

sidecar sid 19:47 06 Jul 07

*isn't but wishes he was*

Totally-braindead 19:52 06 Jul 07

Thanks anskyber enjoyed that.

But prefer Billy Joel click here

Curio 20:18 06 Jul 07

Don Dorsey, Vangelis, Waldo de Los Rios, Tomita all favourites of mine

Jim Thing 20:25 06 Jul 07

*is too young for this thread*

and Jim Thing is too old :-)

dukeboxhero 20:41 06 Jul 07

always remember the big debate at the time when i was a lad, was rick wakeman better tham keith emerson? from elp click here

Jackcoms 20:48 06 Jul 07

Talking of Rick Wakeman (formerly of Yes) do you also remember Jon Anderson (vocalist with Yes)?

I used to live across the road from him in Accrington when I was a mere pre-teen (many, many years ago).

Classic rock? Turn up the volume! click here

interzone55 20:54 06 Jul 07

Rick Wakeman has a house near me, he attends the local Methodist chapel occasionally.

Whilst I can't claim to be a big fan of ELP, I do like quite a bit of their stuff, and I always find Rick to be very amusing when he's on TV panel games like Never Mind The Buzzcocks etc

dukeboxhero 21:01 06 Jul 07

jon anderson and another great keyboard player vangelis brought out some great songs click here

Forum Editor 00:07 07 Jul 07

Others have followed, but to my mind there's never been anyone to touch him for sheer virtuosity. He makes some of today's musicians look a tad lame.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac