Remember this one?

Legolas 21:31 18 Feb 09

My brother and myself were reminiscing last night about some of the songs we remember from our youth, among our favourites were Atomic Rooster "Tomorrow Night", Golden Earring "Radar Love", Nazareth "
This Flight Tonight" and Argent "Hold Your Head Up"

My brother then mentioned a band called Geordie who I don't remember and he had me look up a song they had out called "Geordies lost his liggie" click here If you can stand it. Now we wondered what a "liggie" was and I googled it and the urban dictionary came up with a description that I don't think quite matches the songs lyrics click here so doed anyone know what a liggie is?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:45 18 Feb 09

I think that's an excellant taste in music.

:0)

bremner 22:07 18 Feb 09

Forgot all about Nazareth - just downloaded it from iTunes.

Thanks

perpetual motion 22:09 18 Feb 09

AWW PLEASE dont forget this one..!!

click here

birdface 12:00 19 Feb 09

Jiggie was the scotch word for a marble.

Stuartli 12:10 19 Feb 09

Just to divert a little - the other half was telling me yesterday that on one of those many TV programmes about selling items at auction, one bloke had sold a smallish number of very large marbles for about £130...:-)

Either the buyer had lost his/hers or their value has been underestimated for some time.

Demora 13:15 19 Feb 09

Brilliant. choice. Apart from Geordie as I hated Brian Johnson (AC/DC Vocalist now)

My dad brought me up on sounds like those.

D

Legolas 13:19 19 Feb 09

We thought it was a marble and when we read what the urban dic had to say the picture of it being in his pocket was not a pleasant one. Thanks for the link by the way.

We has steelies which I now know of course were ball bearings and chinas and others which I can't recall.

Legolas 13:22 19 Feb 09

I was about to post that about Brian Johnson it seems quite strange that he should go from a glam rock band to a heavy metal band. We were surprised when we read that on wiki.

Legolas 13:27 19 Feb 09

aghhhh buteman I just read your post you have committed a cardinal sin go and stand in the corner, there are only three things called scotch "whisky" "tape" and "eggs" Jiggie of course was a Scottish word for marble ;))

Demora 13:29 19 Feb 09

Love Guns and Roses But Can't stand Axel Rose's voice.

I never understood why AC/DC chose Johnson. Bon Scott was much easier to understand. when he was singing.

I saw AC/DC at Donnington in the early 80s and totally went right off them.

Now Zeplin is just pure class.

D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009