Remake old computer games

Colin 13:29 24 Jan 07

I see that there will be a new version of the first Tomb Raider game coming out this year.
click here
I think that this is a good idea, particularly as Tomb Raider 1 was the first PC game I bought. I can still play it on my XP PC using GLidos – it looks OK, but there is no comparison graphics wise to Legend. The game play on TR1 was excellent – something lacking with many of today’s games. I would like to see more old games remade such as TR2 & 3, Quake and Doom. The gameplay can be the same but with the advances in graphics cards and processing power the experience will be a lot better. I still play Unreal Tournament, but even at 1600x1200 resolution with all the details set to maximum, it looks ridiculous compared to UT2004.

Totally-braindead 13:57 24 Jan 07

I've never been able to get the first tomb raider to work on this PC even with all the advice etc on the various tomb raider websites. All the others run no problem but TR1 didn't. I too am looking forward to its release and will definately be buying it.
TR2 and 3 run quite well on my PC and I'm not sure if better graphics would be enough for me to buy a newer updated version of them though.

The Brigadier 18:26 24 Jan 07

Dont Currys sell TR1 & TR2 as a combo pack for £9.99?

Totally-braindead 18:34 24 Jan 07

click here £4.99 The Brigadier but I couldn't get Tomb Raider 1 to run on my XP PC at all, even using that copy.
The updated TR1 will hopefully be very good and I will definately be playing it.

wolfie3000 20:51 24 Jan 07

click here

From my mates youtube page.

Im sooooooo happy this is being made it will be amazing.

Totally-braindead 20:56 24 Jan 07

Seen it before but watched it again. I'm looking forward to it as well. Wonder if the game will include the add on adventure to TR1 unfinished business.

wolfie3000 21:01 24 Jan 07

Some more Lara :)

click here

click here=

click here=

Totally-braindead 21:09 24 Jan 07

Didn't like Angel of Darkness at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos