Reinvented

shellship 06 Aug 12
Answered

I've been a member for more years than I recall but today I was asked to confirm my name etc. Did so and now find I am a new member, joined in August 2012 with no past posts. What on earth is going on?

KRONOS the First 06 Aug 12

If you search through the forums you will find many posts of a similar nature, but in essence PCA do essential maintenance ETC which invariably leads to problems of one sort or another, yours being one of them which seems to have affected quite a few members.

buteman 06 Aug 12

You can still type your name into Search forums to get your past record.

They know about it and will fix it as soon they can.

spider9 06 Aug 12

shellship

Exactly the same has happened to me, I suppose they will eventually sort it out (as buteman says) - but with all the strange happenings on this site in the last few weeks it's hardly a ringing endorsement for "PC Advisor, Expert Advice you can trust", is it??

shellship 06 Aug 12
Answer

Thanks folks.

Forum Editor 06 Aug 12

The problem that you and other people have had is the result of problems that arose when we updated our databases.

We're furious with ourselves for allowing it to happen, but it did, and we're working hard to fix things as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, all I can offer is a sincere apology for the inconvenience.

Forum Editor 06 Aug 12

Chronus

"...but in essence PCA do essential maintenance ETC which invariably leads to problems of one sort or another"

Facts are always preferable to fiction. Our maintenance routines do not "invariably" lead to problems; the vast majority pass without a ripple on the forum surface, so you don't even know they've happened.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

See 24 hours in London in 1 minute with Paul Richardson's hyperlapse film

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message