Reggie Perrin

Dragon_Heart 23:06 14 Oct 10

The 2nd series of the redone The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin staring Martin Clunes started tonight.

I enjoyed the first series especially some of the 'flashbacks' to the old version e.g. walking past the entrance of Sunshine Desserts.

A word for word remake of the Leonard Rossiter would not have worked but I felt this did.

Strawballs 01:46 15 Oct 10

The main thing I remember about the original series is the Hippo everytime he thought of the mother in law

jakimo 02:08 15 Oct 10

'A word for word remake of the Leonard Rossiter would not have worked but I felt this did.'

Why a remake when the original was,well,original

Quickbeam 07:39 15 Oct 10

I tried hard with first series, towards the end I was warming to it, but I've not bothered about this series. I think the attraction of the original was the surreal ridiculousness that just can't be replicated to suit now. It was something that just took off at the time.

finerty 00:01 16 Oct 10

Good grief man are they still showing this old fashioned comedy, its been a while a very long time

Dragon_Heart 01:08 17 Oct 10

Cus it was so well written !

spuds 12:45 17 Oct 10

When are they going to do a remake of Dad's Army, or are we not allowed to say that since joining the EU?.

Then of cause we had Faulty Towers. The same might apply?.

Bingalau 19:58 17 Oct 10

spuds.
I watched "Joe Maddison's War" last night, I thoroughly enjoyed it and of course the theme of the LDV later the Home Guard running through it was brilliantly done. Maybe a little far fetched at times but Good entertainment. I even joined in singing the songs with the lads when they were marching and riding in the back of the truck. Amazing how the words come back.

Bingalau 21:16 17 Oct 10

Oh I forgot to mention it was a program I had recorded earlier.. probably two or three weeks ago.

Dragon_Heart 21:28 17 Oct 10

... or at least a 'final' ending to it say in 1955 ?

A remake of Faulty Towers with BF insulting the Germans ?

Miké 21:34 17 Oct 10

I didn't get where I am today without realising that Martin Clunes is an ok actor, but not a patch on Leonard Rossiter in the original series!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now