Referendum Recounts

Quickbeam 09:10 18 Sep 14

"Elections Scotland said recounts will only be allowed at a local level on the basis of concerns about process, not the closeness of a result."

From this page.

That will make a close result interesting!

Quickbeam 12:08 18 Sep 14

Andrew Neil has just confirmed that no recount on a very close call will be allowed under the rules. One single winning vote on the count would have to stand!

Forum Editor 14:03 18 Sep 14

"Counting officers may have the votes re-counted if they consider it appropriate to do so. While they will consider any request for a recount they may refuse if, in their opinion, the request is unreasonable"

There is no provision for a national re-count, however.

morddwyd 20:05 18 Sep 14

I honestly don't think it will be that close, regardless of the pools..

Anyway, I've already ordered my "Don't Blame Me, I voted Yes" T-sgirt!

I think Yes peaked a little too early and there was a massive last minute effort from the No camp. For the last three or four days my morning papers has carried three or four individual, and different, full page No ads in every issue.

Quickbeam 23:38 18 Sep 14

They are reporting turnouts of up to 90+%. It looks like the so called silent majority that no opinion poll has interviewed will be the deciders.

beeuuem 02:02 19 Sep 14

morddwyd

It seems that my 'Don't blame me - I voted No' T- shirt can be put into storage for a year or two!!!

Quickbeam 05:40 19 Sep 14

Official at 05:15

Thr BBC predict a No to indepemdence.

The Union is saved!

morddwyd 08:56 19 Sep 14

So Scotland's dark secret is out.

They really do prefer a Tory Government elected in England to a Labour one elected in Scotland!

Quickbeam 09:02 19 Sep 14

Twisted in true fm style!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…